During the installation of Ubuntu 18.04 and after choosing the partition, you get the following error message: grub-efi-amd64-signed package failed to install into / target/.
Note: In case you had chosen the installation type “Try Ubuntu”, you would have received the error below : ubi-partman failed with exit code 141
You just need to proceed as follows:
Have a flash usb with ubuntu .iso file handy.
1 – Boot your usb with the option “Try Ubuntu”
2 – Click on Ubuntu Software and then look up the application GParted as shown below :
Then Select the application and click on Install once you get the screen below :
In case you found an error message with GParted, you may want to read our short article on how to fix it.
Open GParted, right click on your desired partition to install Ubuntu then select New :
Enter the following values Size : 200 MiB; file system: fat32; then Click on Add as shown below
- Now that the EFI partition has been created, right click on it , then -> Manage flags > boot
- Now Apply the changes on GParted before exiting
- Proceed with the Installation of Ubuntu: If you see ‘where to install’ choose something else ->
- Double click on the EFI partition you created above and choose EFI
- Finally double click on the desired partition in order to install ubuntu and choose ext4 with mount point “/”
- Proceed with the Installation