A software stops responding and you can’t close it? Nothing absolutely happens when you click on the cross button? In general, it doesn’t take much to terminate the software .
In this short tutorial, you will see different methods to force the closing of an unresponsive program .
To stop an application that does not respond , you can first try to close the window using the ‘cross’ button (top right). If nothing happens, try the second method.
You can also try to close the hanging software using the taskbar . To do this, right-click on the application, then click on ” Close window ” in the context menu.
The task manager lists all running processes, including applications. It allows you to easily force the termination of a blocked application . Here’s how.
1. First, open the task manager using one of the methods below:
- Use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+Shift+Esc
- Right-click on the Windows 10 Start menu, then click ” Task Manager ” from the context menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl Del Supp and click ” Task Manager .”
2. From the ” Processes ” tab , select the desired application and click on the ” End task ” button .
Your program should then close automatically.
If you like the content, we would appreciate your support by buying us a coffee. Thank you so much for your visit and support.