Salesforce is a cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool designed to support Sales and Customer related data. Virtual selling, although, has lost the personal touch to create a relationship between business and client. With Salesforce you can easily develop relationships and trust with customers, as Salesforce CRM can give you insight into your customer’s choices and preferences.
A learning management system is a web-based or software application that is used for e-learning purposes and also in planning, participating, and assessing performance.
Salesforce is the most effective CRM tool across the world because it uses a cloud-based approach and sales intelligence. By integrating both, Salesforce LMS helps your customers to completely understand your product/service before investing in them and therefore the success of your product largely depends upon it. This integration can help your customer visualize future trends and generate needs when they learn more about your product/service.
How does Microlearning affect the salesforce?
To understand how microlearning affects the salesforce you need to understand what microlearning is all about.
What is Microlearning?
E-Learning is a very broad platform that provides multiple facets. E-learning can provide different varieties of courses and endless sources of material in bulk. This amount of information can overwhelm the learner, which may often lead to uninterest in the learner. Here comes microlearning. Microlearning is nothing but learning in smaller steps. Microlearning increases the learners’ engagement with the content as the information provided is bite-sized. It is a more flexible form of learning as it provides only relatable and accurate information in short and crisp form which is easy to capture and understand.
Advantages of microlearning:
- Ability to gather information quickly: In lengthy course material there is an endless amount of information that might not be even useful when performing certain skills. Microlearning provides the learner with bite-sized information rather than long paragraphs making it easy for a learner to absorb the information. It is an ideal solution for those who can not devote a long duration of time to knowing the information in-depth about product/service or e-learning course/ online training program.
- Better Retention of Information: The basic purpose of learning is to retain what you have learned and apply it in your job. Microlearning providing data in small and crisp form makes it easy for learners to retain most of the information provided to them. Not only the retention of information gets better but it becomes easy for learners to understand, as only data addressed is in a short lucid form that fills the knowledge gap quickly and easily.
- Learner Engagement: If you go through lengthy course material that only consumes your time and energy and does not focus on point-to-point learning. A learner may get confused or lost, leading to a loss of interest in learning. Microlearning provides information in a point-to-point format, helping in better learner engagement and information retention. It also gives the learner a sense of achievement when they complete the topic and motivates them to start with other topics, therefore keeping them engaged.
Read: 7 Signs Your Business Needs CRM
- Microlearning Applications: Be it an employee of an organization going through his training program or a customer wanting to know more about a product/service, nobody wants to sit in front of a computer all day to listen to long lectures or advertisements. Microlearning helps employees to implement the skills learned and use them in real-life situations. For example, the ‘How to..’ videos explain a lesson about the training program for an employee or explaining about the method to assemble a table for a customer.
- Flexibility and cost efficiency: eLearning is a cloud-based tool that can be accessed from anywhere and anytime. It doesn’t require the additional expense of traveling or using office-specific systems to gain information. Due to short training hours required for eLearning modules made in microforms , the cost incurred upon microlearning is comparatively less than the cost incurred upon traditional learning modules. Microlearning being point to point education method, the content can be created and delivered to the end-user quickly. It is an efficient way of learning which is short and lucid, allows accessibility to browse anytime from anywhere, and saves up money when you are on a tight budget.
- Quick assistance or problem solving: Microlearning act as a chaperone or a guide when you are lost in the bulky course materials or information. For example, you are a sales manager and some new software has been introduced to your workforce. You face some trouble operating it so you go through the course material provided with it, which is a two-hour video. It will consume time to extract the metadata required for operating the software. It would have been convenient if the material was broken down into small modules which cover the topic. This is how microlearning helps quick assistance and problem-solving, it provides adequate information in short which covers all the topics and fills the gap created by traditional e-learning.
Read: Customer Retention Strategies You Need to Adopt
Types of microlearning:
- Interactive e-books
- Animated Videos
- Interactive pdfs
- Social Media
Now coming back to the point how does microlearning affects the salesforce?
As discussed earlier, microlearning facilitates learning by breaking down complex information into small units of information or point-to-point module. Microlearning affects the salesforce by:
- Making your sales content engaging and easily available in a comprehensive way to the sales representative will ensure the information is passed on to the client on time. Microlearning not only provides the seller with content but helps in enhancing customer interaction.
- When you are provided with information in bullet points or in short, it is easy to retain the content and further explain it. Not only will the seller remember the points about a product/service but when he passes on this information to the client, he too will retain the information about the product.
- Microlearning helps you to broaden your sales portfolio by making product knowledge and selling capacity easily accessible. It helps your team to sell new products and bring more value to existing customers. Using flashcards, emails, and gamification to educate them about the product will help them interact and retain relevant information.
- Microlearning helps organizations to analyze both employees’ performance and customers’ purchasing behavior. An organization whose goal is sales maximization, would want to understand the customers’ needs and requirements. To ensure the same, they would require employees who interact with customers and record the purchasing behavior and attitude towards product/service. The organization will be able to train their employees easily and track their performance with the help of microlearning.
- Sales Representatives are always on the move and don’t have enough time to learn about every product they sell so Microlearning helps in perfecting the selling skills of employees by providing them with relevant content in the short duration they have which can be accessed from anywhere, on the go.
Microlearning is an e-tool that works well if you are keen to create engaging training through bite-sized information. Microlearning is a convenient tool for employees who crave development but lack time.
If you like the content, we would appreciate your support by buying us a coffee. Thank you so much for your visit and support.