Robots teaching children and students reading digital books are no longer a myth. Recently, COVID has restricted global migration, leaving millions of students at home. Never have conditions been more suitable for technology development thannowadays. Dive into the article and find what to expect from technology in education.
Learn which trends in technology have already conquered modern schools and colleges.
Technology #1: AI Tutors
If you’ve always dreamed of the best personalized curriculum, you got it. Scientists have been cooperating with IT specialists to create the best virtual tutor. AI tutors can teach you anything. For instance, solving math problems after you’ve reached a paper writing service from PaperWriter or creating a superb research paper on your own.
As a part of the artificial intelligence team, these tutors have taken the best features of global technology.
- They plan the most efficient curriculum for the user;
- Create personalized tasks. In other words, the technology adapts to one’s wishes and the learning style;
- Check the tasks which are ready with the greatest velocity due to improved auto-grading;
- Great for preparing big numbers of students for college studying in short terms.
Read: What Tech Will Reduce Costs for Aerospace Manufacturing
Technology #2: Virtual Classrooms
If a class by an AI teacher is not your piece of cake, you can always opt for a human tutor. The only pandemic peculiarity you’ll have to consider is distance. With a virtual classroom, you can study from any spot and get the best educational experience.
Why choose virtual classroom technology?
- It operates as a separate platform with all necessary features the studying process requires;
- It has online whiteboards, visual technology, and real-time classes;
- Students can suggest new content to the platform;
- Virtual classes make the whole education more accessible. Especially to students from remote areas who can’t move closer to the college.
Technology #3: Educational Gaming
Playing games as a learning method is not new. However, games have taken a brand new scale in modern education. More students play games due to being imprisoned in home walls during COVID-19. The tendency might be positive if games are used properly.
Half of the students aged 3 to 14 play games on a daily basis. Video games are a better substitute for social media. They improve the player’s critical thinking skills and creativity. For instance, games can teach younger learners economics or physics depending on the subject and the task.
Sure, gamified educational experiences require the collaboration of scientists with IT specialists. Nonetheless, the promises which gaming brings to education are huge. Hence, educational gaming deserves special attention and budgeting.
Read: Digital Learner Presence and 5 Online Teaching Tools
Technology #4: Multi-Touch Books
This type of electronic books has opened a whole new generation of reading devices. A multi-touch book is an electronic book with a wider range of traditional book-related options. With a multi-touch book, one can add images and video to the text.
But before the book turns into its ‘multi-touch’ version, one must upload the application created by Apple. Sure, some users might consider this step an impediment. But regardless of the need to install the app, a multi-touch book is the best helper when it comes to exam preparation.
Often called an ‘interactive electronic book,’ a multi-touch book:
- Is accessible on various devices like smartphones, tablets, laptops;
- Expands the user’s studying experience by allowing a number of manipulations;
- Introduces the reader to digital publishing as a part of the educating experience.
Read: 16 Innovative Technologies to Prevent Car Accidents
Technology #5: Virtual Reality
Immersive virtual reality is not the most popular trend on this list. Obviously, VR requires effective technical elements which have not been developed yet. For instance, VR Head Mounted Displays are still expensive. Meanwhile, other potential elements for VR equipment have not been studied well.
Nonetheless, VR remains the most promising field in modern education because:
- It provides an amazing personalized experience;
- VR makes the whole learning process more effective;
- Interactive technologies improve the user’s psychomotor skills;
- Students get more proficient at using new technologies.
Read: Three Pieces of Advice for Revamping Your Virtual Meetings
Technology #6: 3D Printing
Have you ever wondered if you could build a multidimensional heart in biology class? Now you can! A 3D printer is a device that scans a two-dimensional object and replicates it into a 3D model. For instance, a teacher can easily reprint human anatomy parts and let students build models of organs. The same goes for architecture classes.
Just like the real Lego, 3D printing improves students’ cognitive abilities. Meanwhile, 3D modeling turns the whole studying process into an adventure.
How to use 3D printing?
- Build models of human organs for Biology classes;
- Create copies of artifacts for History classes;
- Make copies of designed objects for Art classes.
Read: Interested in 3D Printing? Here’s the Types of Software You Need
Technology #7: 5G Technologies
These technologies make another promising field in education. Due to 5G technologies, students will benefit immensely. First of all, 5G technologies provide high speed and low latency. This means that no students will experience lagging during video conferencing and virtual classes.
Additionally, the learners will be able to upload the studying material quicker. At the same time, virtual reality experiences will get more exciting.
Technology #8: Custom E-Learning Platforms
E-learning platforms are directly connected to online courses and teaching platforms. E-learning is all about studying remotely with the only use of a laptop or computer. When it comes to online courses, all learning materials are kept in the virtual space. One can easily access the site’s resources and use them to the fullest. Some online courses are free, while others ask for a special fee.
The same goes for teaching platforms. This is the space where a student can find a tutor or become a tutor themselves.
Why consider custom e-learning?
- It is cheaper than real-life courses;
- It is convenient;
- It can become an additional source of income for you;
- As a student, you can get help if your teacher’s explanation on the subject is difficult to grasp.
The thought about technology conquering the entire world is not new. However, we still feel the tinge of surprise when we hear ‘3D’ or ‘5G.’ Regardless of what experts say, technology positively impacts studying. While students engage in online courses more often, teachers use 3D models for interactive learning. Take it or leave it, technology will invade all aspects of human life sooner than you expect it.
We hope the article was helpful to you. Stay smart!
If you like the content, we would appreciate your support by buying us a coffee. Thank you so much for your visit and support.