Developers are big fans of Nodejs backend frameworks, but it can be difficult to decide which one to use. These frameworks are critical for accelerating and simplifying NodeJS web application development. Before we dive into the pool of knowing the best NodeJS frameworks for web applications in the year 2022, let us first grasp the fundamental concepts of NodeJS and its features.
Developers are big fans of Nodejs backend frameworks, but it can be difficult to decide which one to use. These frameworks are critical for accelerating and simplifying NodeJS web application development and every developer must be aware of them as businesses hire node.js developer based on their knowledge of frameworks.
- JS APIs mean that a Nodejs server never waits for an API to return data. Instead, it simply moves after requesting data.
- It runs code very quickly.
- NodeJS employs a single-threaded model.
- It transfers data in chunks, so there are no buffering issues.
- Google created and maintains the JS runtime environment.
Now, let’s have a look at some of the best NodeJS frameworks:
Express.js, which debuted in 2010, is a simple framework. It is suitable for beginners due to its low learning curve. It only necessitates a basic understanding of the Node.js environment as well as programming skills.
Express node js is a fast, robust, and asynchronous programming language. It is capable of handling high-speed I/O operations with ease. It provides a robust Application User Interface (API), which streamlines client-to-server requests and visible user interactions. Companies such as Twitter, Uber, Accenture, and IBM use Express to build applications.
- High performance and maximum testability
- RESTful API creation and setup, as well as fast server-side programming packages
- Several HTTP helpers
- Prototyping in a short period and a low learning curve
When should you use Express.js?
Express.js is suitable for building enterprise-grade or browser-based applications due to its robust routing, templating, security, and error handling. Express.js allows you to develop apps faster because it includes everything you need to build APIs and more.
Koa js is a next-generation, open-source NodeJS web framework that has been assisting developers in easily creating APIs by handling HTTP middleware with a stack-like method. A common URL can be used to manage and maintain various types of content representation. Koa is used to build frontend, backend, and hybrid systems. It has an error blanket built in to prevent website crashes, and its error handling processes are highly effective.
- Customizable, futuristic, and personalized features
- High performance and powerful error handling
- More compact and modern footprint
- Allows for upstream and downstream control flow
When should you use Koa.js?
When performance is a top priority for your web application, use Koa.js.
In some cases, Koa outperforms Express.js, so it’s a good choice for large-scale projects.
- Extremely responsive
- Excellent community support
- Compatibility across platforms
- Data synchronization that is both robust and transparent
- Rapid prototyping and interoperability
- Provides real-time updates
- In a single framework, you can create an entire app
When should you use Meteor.js?
It’s also ideal for creating apps for both the web and mobile. Meteor is also ideal for apps that require frequent updates, even in live environments.
It is a Nodejs Rest API framework used to create scalable and efficient server-side applications. TypeScript, its native language, provides it with powerful elements such as object-oriented programming, functional programming, and functional reactive programming. Nest.js also includes a command-line interface (CLI) that allows developers to integrate it with other frontend tools.
- Extensible, adaptable, and forward-thinking
- A straightforward learning curve
- Compatibility with technologies at the front end
- A wide range of user-friendly libraries
- Improves backend productivity
- Code that is simple and reusable
- Use of high-level constructs such as filters, interceptors, and so on
When should you use Nest.js?
When you need to create scalable and efficient web applications for large projects. It includes a clean and modular architecture pattern that allows developers to easily build scalable and maintainable applications.
You’ve probably seen this in real-time chat apps like Skype or Whatsapp, where it constantly checks and refreshes background processes for updates or messages. The socket is divided into two parts: a client-side library that runs in the browser and a server-side library for Node.js. Both have APIs that are similar.
- Dependable, efficient, and scalable
- Binary support that is focused
- Effective error detection and auto-correction
- Real-time analysis capabilities have been added
- Exceptionally quick
- The feature of instant chat and messaging
- Framework based on events
When should you use Socket.io?
As previously stated, Socket.io excels at developing real-time applications such as chat rooms, video conferencing, and multiplayer games, where servers must send data before it is requested from the client.
That brings us to the end of our list of the Top web development frameworks for 2022. These libraries and resources will make coding as simple and efficient as possible while adhering to the most recent standards and best practices.
The Node.js frameworks listed here are only the tip of the iceberg in terms of modern app development, but they will help you narrow down the best options for your specific development needs. These frameworks not only make development easier but also provide your apps with the modern tools they need to succeed.
Harikrishna Kundariya, a marketer, developer, IoT, ChatBot & Blockchain savvy, designer, co-founder, Director of eSparkBiz Technologies. His 8+ experience enables him to provide digital solutions to new start-ups based on IoT and ChatBot. harikrishna.kundariya[@]esparkbiztechnologies.com
If you like the content, we would appreciate your support by buying us a coffee. Thank you so much for your visit and support.