What do you need to know if you want to “migrate” your e-commerce from Magento 1 to Magento 2? What is the best solution? You may be surprised.
If you are reading this article, it is likely that you have already chosen a CMS for your eCommerce business. Have you already faced questions such as – is it better to create a proprietary platform or an open-source solution, or can a cloud solution still work? – and in the end, you chose Magento. The Magento 2 migration services company will answer the main questions on this topic.
Since 2007, Magento has been an IT e-commerce development platform that has become a reference software in the market due to its huge selection of native features. An open-source platform in PHP and MySQL with a complex and robust structure, it is customizable, scalable, modular and allows you to manage multiple stores.
- The benefits of using Magento are also:
- Extended pricing and discount rules
- Advanced catalog management
- Built-in upsell and cross-sell function
- Full management of currencies and taxes
- Choice of the most popular shipping methods
- Choice of payment method
- Integration modules
- Many other features are included.
Worldwide, over 30% of e-commerce sites are developed on the Magento platform. The reasons lie in the nature of the platform: it is open-source, extensible, scalable, multichannel, and has a very active community.
It’s no surprise that when dealing with large e-commerce projects with high complexity characteristics, Magento proves to be the best development platform for success.
Within a few years of its existence, Magento has become one of the most widely used open-source e-commerce development frameworks in the world due to its reliability, scalability and modularity. The new version, Magento 2, completely transforms the entire technology stack of its predecessor, offering merchants an increasingly powerful development platform with many innovative features.
Released in November 2015, Magento 2 is a new version of the platform that has been completely revamped and simplified, improving on many aspects of the previous version.
Characterized by a slow start due to some bugs, today Magento 2 has already reached the latest version 2.3. as it is very popular and chosen by programmers and sellers.
The ease of use and flexibility of the tools available for a variety of marketing, directory and SEO needs is amazing. By simplifying core functionality with easier-to-manage tools, Magento 2 becomes more scalable and user-friendly.
The spread of this platform is also due to the large community that gravitates around it. The secret lies, in addition to the nature of open-source software, in the large community of web developers who acquire and distribute various ideas and documentation on the framework on a daily basis. It is because of this general knowledge that Magento has entered the preference of web developers.
- The architecture has been improved, making the CMS more modular and flexible. This allows you to intervene in-store settings more quickly.
- Magento 2 also introduces many preconfigured extensions that optimize store performance.
- APIs have also been improved, which allows you to work at scale with third-party solutions.
- Maintenance and updates become easier to manage
- Magento 2 is also gaining a lot of support among eCommerce managers due to improvements in terms of administration, usability and speed.
- The administration interface is implemented with a new drag and drop interface to customize the page layout.
- Point in favor of usability: the store manager finds a new backend design with a responsive and simplified interface.
- The menu has been completely redesigned in both colors and layout and is easy to navigate.
- In addition, the integration of marketing tools into the menu facilitates the store’s digital marketing activities.
- The revolution was made to test. If earlier it was divided into 5 pages, then in Magento 2 it was lightened, which allowed the site to fit the market without the need to resort to extensions. Increased checkout speed and agility is a way to counter cart abandonment.
Go to https://dinarys.com/ and find out how we can help you migrate to Magento 2.
If you like the content, we would appreciate your support by buying us a coffee. Thank you so much for your visit and support.